1.1.11 - 10 January 2011
“proper” handling of booklists elements.
- The INIOnly/UseBooklistPlaceholder INI parameter
enables the “proper” handling of frontmatter and backmatter automatic
list generation where the @href attribute is empty rather than requiring
placeholder files. For details, see the “UseBooklistPlaceholder”
description in INI-Only Settings.
- Added support for language-specific
book-build INI files.
- The INIOnly/UseLanguageTemplate INI parameter
enables support for alternate language book-build INI files based
on the value of the topic/@xml:lang attribute. For details, see
the “UseLanguageTemplate” description in INI-Only Settings.
- Added support for table cell rotation.
- Rotated table cells will round-trip properly
and are rendered properly in generated book components. For details,
see Working with Tables.
- Enhancements to the book-build process.
- Five new parameters have been added to the
book-build INI file. In the General section, the AttrAsCondPrefix
parameter lets the user specify an alternate prefix for conditions
generated from map attributes. In the BookBuildOverrides section
the MoveFigId and MoveTableId parameters support proper referencing
of table titles and figure titles, the BreakToInline parameter allows
for better indenting of images, and the NormalizeConditions parameter
eliminates the inconsistent show/hide setting and inconsistent condition
indicator messages when updating a book. For details, see Book-Build INI file.
- New DITA File dialog pre-selects
last used element template.
- When an element template is used to create
a specific topic type, that same template will be pre-selected when
that topic type is created again.
- Added “Merge Para Tags” command.
- The Merge Para Tags command ensures that
all paragraph tag names in all currently open documents, exist in
all of those documents. For more information, see Merge Para Tags.
- Book Structure Application
a Chapter component template (tpl~chapter.fm), just a copy of the
Book template, but a nice convenience.
- Book EDD (book_1.1.edd.mif/fm)
- Added fm-ditabook/@xml:lang
- Changed fig/@id type to UniqueID
- Added fm-figuretitle to fig general rule
- Added fm-figuretitle element definition
- Changed table/@id type to a UniqueID
- Changed fm-tabletitle/@id type to UniqueID
- Added context rules to title element definition
to apply appendix and part title formats eliminating the need for
separate appendix and part component template EDDs.
- Added second set of context rules to fig element
definition to support indenting of images.
- Book template
(book_1.1.template.fm) and component templates
autonum in note.danger para format to “danger” (was “fastpath”).
- Added figure.title.bottom and figure.title.wide.bottom
para styles (for fm-figuretitle element).
- Removed “Fixed” line spacing from figure.anchor
and figure.anchor.wide para styles to support the revised handling
of indented images.
- Import updated Book EDD
- Book DTD (fmxbook.dtd)
@xml:lang to fm-ditabook
- Book XSLT (bookmap2fmbook.xsl)
"translate" to strip CRs from attribute values assigned to fm-ditabook element
(CRs are introduced when map metadata wraps in the XML file)
- Added @xml:lang attribute to fm-ditabook
- Strip colons from FM filename (fmfile variable)
in 2 places
- Added new template to process booklists/* map
elements that have no @href value (no associated file)
- Added new template to handle data and data-about
elements in topics separately from maps (they get stripped from
a map [book] but not from topics)
- Added support for @print='no' (exclude from output)
in 2 places
- Map template (map_1.1.template.fm)
font family to Wingdings on topicref.lead.char character style
- Topic EDD (topic_1.1.edd.mif/fm)
fig/@id type to UniqueID
- Changed table/@id type to a UniqueID
- Topic template (topic_1.1.template.fm)
improvements to handling of graphic overlay objects.
- The time required to open and save files
that contain graphic overlay objects has been reduced significantly.
- data and data-about elements are
not deleted during book-build.
- The XSLT import script no longer deletes
the data and data-about elements from topics during a book-build.
- topicref/@print=’no’ is now honored
- Topic references in a map that have the @print
attribute set to “no” are now omitted from the generated book files.
- fm-xref references to “moved” table
and figure titles work properly.
- Cross-references created with the fm-xref
element will resolve properly even when the “Move title” options
are selected in the book-build options.
- All figure titles are rendered properly
in the generated FM files.
- The first figure title is no longer deleted
from each chapter when the “move” option is used.
- fm-link insertion no longer produces
an error message.
- Inserting an fm-link in FM9 no longer generates
an invalid error message.
- RelLinkType parameter is no longer
ignored in the book-build INI file.
- When specifying the related link type in
the book-build INI file, the RelLinkType value will is now honored.
- The Rebuild Variables in book-builds
feature works properly now.
- Selecting the Rebuild Variables option in
the Book Build Options dialog or using the RebuildVars parameter
in a book-build INI file will now enable previously “prepared” variables
to be rebuilt in the generated FM files.