1.1.12 - 29 March 2011
for FrameMaker 10.
- DITA-FMx can now be installed on FM10. Remember
that DITA-FMx 1.1 supports the DITA 1.1 specification, so even though
native FM10 supports DITA 1.2, you cannot use DITA 1.2 features
with this version of DITA-FMx. DITA-FMx 2.0 is under development
and will support DITA 1.2.
- Support for round-tripping of line
breaks as PIs.
- If the GeneralExport/WriteLineBreakPIs INI
parameter is set to 1 (the default), line breaks (SHIFT+ENTER) entered
into running text will be stored as processing instructions (PIs)
in the XML. When opened in FrameMaker (with DITA-FMx), these PIs
will convert into line breaks. For details, see the “WriteLineBreakPIs”
description in INI-Only Settings.
- Document dictionary items are stored
in the DITA file as PIs.
- When spell-checking a document, the “Allow
in Document” button saves the current word in the document dictionary;
this is typically lost when working with XML files. DITA-FMx stores
the document dictionary as processing instructions so that these words
will be available for future spell checks on that document.
- Added a user interface for defining
- The Options dialog now includes an Edit button
that lets you define a doctype/application mapping for those who
want to define separate structure applications for each topic type.
This is especially important for FM10 support.
- Added new auto-prolog and new file
name building blocks.
- Four new building blocks have been added:
<$FMX_USERNAME>, <$FMX_FULLNAME>, <$OS_USERNAME>, and <$OS_COMPUTERNAME>.
These building blocks are useful when the “RegInfo” values in the maker.ini file
are not tied to the actual user.
- Added support for accessing Help
from a URL.
- The DitaFMxGuide and DitaReference INI parameters
can now specify a URL to access online Help from the web rather
than a locally installed Help file. Added the DitaRefTargetPath
parameter. For details, see the “DitaReference” description in INI-Only Settings.
- Added the Open DITA-FMx Folder and
Open Console Log commands.
- Two new commands were added near the bottom
DITA-FMx menu, Open DITA-FMx Folder and Open
Console Log.The Open DITA-FMx Folder command
opens a Windows Explorer window on the DITA-FMx folder to allow
easy access to files. With Windows Vista or 7, this folder is under
the user’s “app data” area. Open Console Log provides
quick access to the consfile.txt file which
contains the text of the messages printed to the console window.
- Map template (map_1.1.template.fm)
items (in frontmatter and backmatter elements) no longer uses the WingDings
font for the element labels.
- Map EDD (map_1.1.edd.mif/fm)
the general rule for booklists elements (toc, indexlist, figurelist,
etc.) so the fm-reflabel element is not required.
- Book import XSLT (bookmap2fmbook.xsl
- The bookmap2fmbook.xsl file
was updated and expandOrig.xsl file was added
to address some map to book conversion errors.
- Book component template
an errant tab from the heading. This was causing bad formatting
in the generated TOC
Bug Fixes / Minor Updates
- Index see/see-also
forced sorting works for all levels of index entries.
- The automatic addition of forced sort strings
to see/see-also entries works for all levels of those entries. You
should not add your own forced-sort strings. For more information,
see Working with Indexterms.
- Revised the book-build processing order to ensure consistent
- Under certain conditions (with specific options enabled or disabled),
some of the book-build features were undone or improperly built,
due to the order of feature processing. We have revised this order
to ensure consistent and correct results. Specific features that
were known to be affected are: fmx-variable creation (via the ImportAttrsAsVars
INI parameter), variable rebuilding (the “Rebuild Variables” book-build
option), and table title relocation and creation (the “Move table/title” book-build
option). Book-build start and end time is now printed to the console window.
Other features may also have been affected.
- The UseOutputclassForType bookbuild INI parameter now
- If the General/UseOutputclassForType parameter in the ditafmx-bookbuild.ini file
is enabled, top-level map elements that use the @outputclass attribute
to specify an alternate template, can now make use of a like-named
section to define the pagination and numbering for the resulting
- Related links to dita-rooted files are now created
during a book-build.
- The root topic within dita-rooted files can now be the target
of a related-link defined by relationship tables.
- Saved view settings are applied to new topics.
- If the Restore Saved View Settings option is enabled, those
settings will now be applied to newly created topics.
- INIOnly/LastReferencedElement parameter moved to the
- The LastReferencedElement parameter is not a user setting, and
changes each time the Reference Manager is used. This value, previously
stored in the ditafmx.ini file, is now stored
in the ~fmx-temp.ini file.
- Updated handling of default values in INI files.
- Some INI parameters, in particular ArchiveCommandLine, were
not properly set to valid default values when those parameters were
set to a null value. All parameters have been reviewed and when
a null value is not valid, it is now set to the appropriate default
- Authorization code corrections.
- When entering the authorization data, user names can now contain
non-alphanumeric character. Also, you no longer need to be running
FrameMaker “As Administrator” to enter the authorization code.